Cheesy Bacon Ranch Tailgate Fries
Feeds: 10-15 people | Prep Time: 10min | Cook time: 30min | Total Time: 40min
Cheesy french fries… need we say more? They’re a game-time staple without the arena cost. We’re skipping the fake processed cheese and doing these the old-fashioned way.
These are going to be a quick favorite for your tailgate parties.
Items you’ll need
5 slices bacon (you can skip steps 2, 3, and 5 if you get it pre cooked)
- 1 22 ounce bag waffle cut fries
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 green onions diced
- Heat the kamado grill to 450 degrees.
- Lay your bacon slices on the grill. Close the lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Open the lid (NOTE: be careful to watch for flare-ups that can happen with the bacon grease.) Flip the bacon and close for another 1-2 minutes
- While the bacon grills, Toss french fries with oil.
- Remove the bacon, chop it into small bits, and set aside
- Tear off 4 to 6 pieces of 12-inch aluminum foil. Depending on how many you’re serving. Crimp the ends to make the shape of a boat.
- Divide the french fries among the boats in a single layer.
- Place the boats on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn and cook another 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Divide cheese evenly among fries. Sprinkle with bacon. Continue cooking until cheese has melted, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from grill, drizzle ranch dressing over the top and sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately.